Recently, every industry wants to find ways of doing more with less, and the field service sector has not been left out on this. It has become necessary for HVAC companies and other service companies to take advantage of any chance to increase efficiency. One of the ways of doing this is by investing in field service management software.
SoftwareAdvice has also determined that approximately 74% of HVAC companies don’t leverage any sort of software to improve and streamline their day-to-day operations. “We were very surprised to find that of the thousands of HVAC business owners we’ve spoken with, 74% of them aren’t currently using any software to help them manage their business,” said Justin Guinn, market researcher at Software Advice, a site with detailed reviews and research of HVAC service software.
There are numerous people involved in the process of HVAC system installation, specification, and maintenance. Building service designers, mechanical engineers, building services, and contractors must be consulted and on board before a HVAC system can be implemented. Keeping track of all documentation, customer support, installed systems, and managing maintenance can become a daunting task.
This is where field service software becomes the most valuable asset benefiting not only the company who uses it, but also the customers who are served by it. Let’s look on how HVAC companies can use work order and field service software.
- HVAC companies can use work order and field service software to completely streamline the work process. Since the most field service management software are cloud-based, companies do not need to invest into their infrastructure in order to use it. It really complements the new BYOD industry trend.
- Customer and Human Resource Managers can use it to build customer and employee databases. Operations Managers can then use this database to create work orders more smoothly by choosing a client and field team in the work order creation window. Work orders are being distributed to employees in real time so that they can start to work as soon as the work order gets approved by managers.
- Project managers can also benefit from using work-order software. They will have a real-time insight into all used resources and all field team that are deployed. Some work order and field service solutions even have a scheduling board designed using the Gantt chart specification. It displays start and finish dates of tasks and all elements related to the project in question.
- Team Leaders can check the analytics to see how effective their teams are. Identifying task that take more time to be resolved helps team leaders provide better estimates to customers, thus increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- The Team Dispatch Officer can base decisions on exact the GPS location of field teams to minimize the customer wait time and the travel expenses.
- While on the one hand, this software makes the life of managers and field teams easier, on the other hand, it provides so much valuable insights to all stakeholders of HVAC companies. Financial Managers and Quality Assurance officers can get precise reports on budgeting, cash management, sales planning, territory management, win/loss analysis, IFF, SLA, financial gains and losses estimates, and more.
Benefits of Field Service Management Software to HVAC Companies
- Improved Scheduling and More Informed Decisions
HVAC companies face a high-volume work orders and have a mobile workforce, which positions them to be some of the biggest beneficiaries of the scheduling capabilities. With a field service software like the Rescue CRM app, job tracking and scheduling becomes much easier. Rescue CRM, acts as an all-in-one solution to help HVAC businesses streamline field operations. You can schedule recurring jobs and create a series of jobs through a single entry.
2. Mobility Can Empower Your Field Technicians
Many of the leading field service software solutions, including Rescue CRM, allow you to make your business mobile. Mobile has already redefined how field service technicians work. Every industry uses mobile in a different way, but there are a number of ways that mobility can benefit almost all field service companies.
Mobility helps drive customer engagement and enhances communication by allowing a lot of tasks to be completed on smartphones and tablets, including everything from requesting appointments to invoicing and signing off on reports to sending notifications.
3. Real-Time Tech Monitoring Helps Increase Tech Utilization
Optimize the utilization of service technicians with the ability to see the exact status of technicians presently working in the field on various requests. This means that dispatch service calls can be made more efficiently, performance of overall service can be monitored more effectively, and communication with service technicians becomes easy and streamlined.
How about a free 14 days trial? We invite you to join us for a free trial to see how Repair CRM can help you be more efficient, save time, and grow your service business. Sign up & Download today for a no obligation fee and take advantage of all the features.